LED light therapy - what your skincare routine needs
- LED is a narrow band light energy that triggers the skin cells to accelerate rejuvenation and self repair.
- NASA originally developed it for plant growth experiments on shuttle missions and later found it to have promise for wound treatment. LED light therapy is now used by many aestheticians to help regenerate the skin from aging. It’s also used for acne and to improve skin health.
- Unlike other types of light therapy, LEDs do not contain ultraviolet rays. Therefore, they’re safe for regular use.
- LED light therapy doesn’t cause burns compared to other anti-aging treatments such as chemical peels, dermabrasion, and laser therapy. It is generally safe for all skin colors and types.
How it works?
LED light therapy has been researched for different situations in aesthetics. It’s mainly noted for increasing collagen and tissues. All of which can smooth out your skin and reduce the appearance of damage from:
- age spots
There are different frequencies, or wavelengths, used with LED light treatment.
Red light is said to stimulate collage. More collagen means that your skin will look smoother and fuller, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Red LED light is also thought to reduce inflammation while improving circulation, which can give you a healthier glow.
- Blue light kill acne-causing bacteria beneath the skin, which can help treat severe acne pimples and kill acne-causing bacteria beneath the skin, which can help treat severe acne pimples and reduce acne scarring.
- Yellow light is said to help improve general skin health.
Our LED Cleansing Brush is specifically designed to incorporate red, blue and yellow light to help you achieve 2-in-1 results when cleansing your face everyday. Simply choose your preferred light treatment for the day and cleanse away!